Benefits of Durga Pooja
- Gives stability in life.
- Removes negativity in one’s life
- Protects from planetary effects.
- An abundance of joy and health
Facts about Goddess Durga
- Consort: Shiva
- Flower: Hibiscus, Lotus, Morga
- Food: Kheer, Kichdi
- Weapons: Trishul, Chakra, Shankha, Gada, Bow & Arrow, Scimitar, Siled and Ghanta
- Festival: Durga Pooja, Durga Ashtami, Navratri, Dussehra, Vijayadashami
- Vehicle: Tiger or Lion
Goddess Durga, the warrior Goddess rides on a Lion or Tiger expressing her martial skills with eight or eighteen hands holding various weapons symbolizing service to others, self-discipline, prayer, devotion, mantras, cheerfulness, meditation and self-realization.